There's this demon I know. His name is WHAT IF. He brings nothing but trouble. Sometimes I let my mind drift into the land of "what ifs" for just a few minutes.....and then I get stuck there for a few hours.....and then I fall into a what if funk for days. Yes, I do need to consider all aspects of this. But there is such a thing as an extreme here. There are some things we just cannot control. We cannot know the answer to every "what if" question. So where does that lead us? Nowhere! It just takes me in circles. Around and around. I wrote that in my journal yesterday, and as I was writing I sort of corrected myself. The "what if" circle doesn't just go around and around forever; it leads down. Yes, it can be an endless circle, but my progress doesn't stay where it's at- it plummets.
This is the picture I drew in my journal:
Funny, because when the what if monster comes to visit, it feels a lot like this inside:
This is the best way I know how to describe it. When you allow fear and doubt into your life, an automatic invite gets sent to the W.I. monster's inbox. Then he's free to bring the tornado with him. Those two simple words can turn a normal feeling (considering the circumstances) and turn them into chaotic despair.
So if I have any advice tonight, it's this:



RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete