Someone told me that worrying too much about the past turns into depression, and worrying too much about the future turns into anxiety. Some mornings I wake up wallowing in whatever it is that sticks first. The worst question the world ever came up with was "WHAT IF?". Well? What if? What if this happened, what if that was wrong, what if God wants X, Y, or Z, what if I never feel happy again? I suppose you just have to sort through the things that you can control, and have faith in the rest. For example. Who's fault is it if I never feel happy again? MINE! So cross that off the 'what if' list. It's a non-issue. I have control over that one. What if God wants X, Y, or Z? Well, I guess I just have to hang onto what I do know. I know he wants me to be happy. Elder Holland (?) said "when you are confronted with challenges that are difficult to conquer or you have questions arise- the answers to which you do not know, hold fast to the things you do know. Hang onto your firmest foundation, however limited that may be, and from that position of strength face the unknown." What do I know? I know that God loveth His children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. I think He put a brain in my head for a reason. I think I was taught correct principles for a reason. So now, when I don't know everything, and even though I just want to replace my brain with God's, I can know enough. I can hold fast to the things I do know and that I'm capable of piecing together, and have confidence in myself.
So every day is DAY ONE. Focus on TODAY. Don't give yourself unnecessary depression or anxiety. Let's do what you need to do today to get you through. I know at some point these fresh days are going to start building on each other and suddenly I'll see progress. But for now, at this point, today is just today. Tomorrow is tomorrow, and we'll get there when we have to.

faune would be SO proud. just like i am.
ReplyDeleteWords of Wisdom:)
ReplyDelete