Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bueno

It's funny to me that when my life becomes structured and really busy, the more things I want to structure into my life.  I just finished my first week of teaching.  A week of waking up at 5:45 (before this week I couldn't tell you the last time I saw 5:45 a.m.), lesson planning, silent prayers over my discipline policy, barely sitting down to lunch when the end-of-lunch bell rings, putting in copies, and getting ready to do it all over again next week.  BUT.  This week I also joined a new gym, took advantage of some AWESOME classes, made it to the temple, put together a fitness routine for the Jr. Miss pageant, took myself out to dinner, and baked myself cookies.

Things I didn't do: make my bed, clean my room, put away my laundry that I did last Sunday, OR declutter my car. Welcome to Saturday.

But I have to throw in a bit about Friday.  I was so excited for Friday- leave school RIGHT at 3:30, come home, and do.....nothing.  Just sit for a minute.  That's when I decided I could go for Zupas for dinner, and I could really go for cookies and milk with a movie later.  Crap I don't have a date.  Oh yeah, doesn't matter, I can go just for myself! Dinner was great.  Cookies were....a little dry, but a cookie is a cookie.  Even better because I had this goof ball's help.
Then while the cookies cooled, we played with his ball in the backyard.  He thought I was just the coolest thing because I could throw the ball all the way up to the roof.  Genuine admiration.
So we played soccer for a while, and then decided it was time for a cookie and milk.  When Courtney ate hers she said "bueno." And I said "bueno, East!  Can you say that?  Bueno means good!" So he said "bueno bueno" a few times.  Then a minute later he said... "BUE...YES!  Bueyes Kels! Do you know what that means?  It means FUN!" So grateful for the smile my little nephews put on my face.


1 comment:

  1. You made it through your first week! I feel like a proud parent. :) And I loved when that end-of-lunch bell rang with your response of, "Are you kidding me?" It's so true. Teachers are the fastest eaters. Enjoy your weekend! They're the best!

    ReplyDelete