Wednesday, October 5, 2011

DTR with a Rain Cloud



Me: Um, hey, it's freezing.
Rain Cloud: Yeah, my bad.
Me: The cuffs of my pants got sopping wet during the fire drill today.
Rain Cloud: Mmm...yeah, my bad.
Me: I'm getting anxiety about what comes after rain....snow.....and driving in it.....
Rain Cloud: .........
Me: Yeah, YOUR BAD.
Rain Cloud: What's wrong?
Me: Nothing.
Rain Cloud: Kels, what's wrong?
Me: I said nothing!
Rain Cloud: Alright, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to...
Me: Good because I don't......
Rain Cloud: ........
Me: ...........
Rain Cloud: ..........
Me: Alright, look. Here's my problem.  I feel like you're holding me back. Summer just started for me.  I just barely got into enjoying things.  Doing things.  Being outside and living in the world.  I have a list ttttthhhhhiiiisssss lllllooooonnnnngggg of things I want to do outside before you show up. You know?  You're suffocating me.
Rain Cloud: But I thought you liked me.  You've always liked me.
Me: I know, I know.  And I do.  I mean, I love you, I do.  Just not yet.  I need some space for a while.  Give me a few weeks and then I'll be so happy to have you in my life.
Rain Cloud: How about a compromise?  Can we meet in the middle?
Me: Okay, fine.  Tomorrow- you, me, soup and apple cider.  We'll enjoy the sound of the rain drops together.  Let's call it one last kiss.  But THEN- leave me alone for a while.  Please, please leave me alone this weekend.  Can you do that?
Rain Cloud: But I'll miss you so. I'll do my best.
Me: Thank you. And after this weekend, see how you feel.  Maybe you'll want to stay out of town for a few more weeks.  Just some space.  I need to cross of some things from my list before I can commit to you.  Give me a few weeks and we'll talk.

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny! I don't know if you noticed my footwear choice of the day. Yes, it was sandals. My toes were cold all day after that drill. Good choice, Shannon.

    ReplyDelete