Saturday, October 15, 2011

Crap, I've Been Motivated


You all know I'm not a runner.  But I kind of have a teeny tiny crush on the feeling I have after I run.  Accomplishment.  Capability.  Strength. 
One of my friends ran a marathon this morning.  Another friend is running a half in a few weeks.  I've never really understood the point in running....and I'm not sure I totally get it still but I think I want to.  It's all about showing myself that I CAN.  And we all know how I'm in to that lately, don't we friends? 
The longest I've EVER run is 4 miles.  I'll admit that.  Maybe a little room for improvement, I know.  So if I feel accomplishment after just 4, imagine how I'd feel after 13!!!! 
Yeah, I think I need to put "do a half marathon" on my bucket list.

1 comment:

  1. I am now up to 2 1/2 miles...the farthest I have ever run. I am shooting for a 5K. Now I know what I really look like when I run...thanks for the visual :(

    ReplyDelete