Sunday, July 22, 2012

Overall Conclusions.


Overall, I love my overalls.
They're not perfect.
They make my hips look big.
I know this.
The fasteners are starting to wear down.
But
i love them.
They make me happier.  More fun. More brave.

When was the last time you wore overalls?  The last pair I remember was when all us sisters had matching colorful overalls that we all wore to Disneyworld.  Happy, uninhibited memories.  I think overalls belong in the same category as the fanny pack: we all know we love them but at some point someone deemed them "not cool" anymore so they got packed away or sent to DI. Or sold on e bay.  To the person who sold me these overalls on the world wide web last month: thank you.  your pair of overalls have reminded me of a little part of me that i like and have missed.

Overall, I love my life.
It's not perfect.
I know this.
I spend too much time with chick flicks
And not enough time socializing.
My teeth aren't white enough
And my hair is begging for some attention
But
overall, i'm happy.
overall, i have no complaints.

the 'overalls' are a good thing for me.  details get skiwampusy in my life, but overall, we cool. 

2 comments:

  1. Well geez when you say it like that... I had 2 pairs in my 7th grade school shopping wardrobe: tan khaki and green khaki. With flares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever said fanny packs weren't cool?!?!?!!??!!? I wear mine all the time.

    ReplyDelete