Friday, July 13, 2012

les madeleines, mon amour

Half marathon = tomorrow.  (yesterday I went on a date with a guy who thought a half marathon was the same as half of a 5k.  Um, sorry fella, this isn't going to work out. {and sir, if you by some unlikely chance read this, you're a good soul. i'm just not the one for you})

The best advice I got on the race was to get a massage the day before.  I didn't have trouble obeying that tip..... So this morning my mom and I got massages and then stopped at Les Madeleines for a little more deliciousness on our way home.  No, I'm serious.  This downtown French bakery is to. die. for. 
image from yourheartout.com

Lavender lemonade is currently my favorite drink.  Such an interesting combination of flavors and both are distinct but so complimentary.  And oh, so lovely.  (i have a knockoff recipe.  I'll post it if it compares...)

Then there's the queen of all pastries, the kouing aman.  Flakey, buttery, sweet heaven.  Get it.  It is worth it. 

So basically what i'm saying is if running earns me mornings like this one,
then i will run forest run.

ps. les madeleines is at 216 e. 500 s. downtown salt lake

2 comments:

  1. Wait - you got massages in downtown salt lake? Are you sure you weren't being filmed?

    ReplyDelete