Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Live in Junior High.

I'm tired.
I apologize to everyone I've talked to within the past week or so.  I realize most the things that have come out of my mouth have been complaints or whining.  
I'm sorry.
I hate my alarm clock.  
I really have been doing pretty great with my new schedule until the past few weeks, so I don't know what's up.  Maybe it's that I can see Christmas break just out of my reach.  And I need. it. 
I'm so tired I could cry.  
Except I'm too tired.
Don't say "well then stop blogging." I'm waiting for the shower.  If I shower tonight that's 20 more minutes of sleep in the morning.  

But I just remembered I have some school blurbs I wanted to post.  I just got another one to add today.  This is my favorite sneak-a-question-before-class question of the day:
Student: "Miss Cook, I'm checking out in a few minutes.  So are we doing anything today?"
What I wish I had said: "No.  We're doing nothing today.  Absolutely nothing.  Just staring at each other for the next 80 minutes."
...
For Halloween we had a door decorating contest.  I take things like that pretty seriously.  Can't help it. And it really helps when you have 40 eager kids to help pull it off.  LOVE that class.  The cookie monster was their idea, not mine.  So proud.
And here are a few funny scribbles I had to just take a picture of.  It cracks me up when my little 7th graders just have to write "I heart Ms. Cook!!!!!" on their paper.  Did I do that in 7th grade? 
Ok and it's slightly flattering.

My self-esteem wall.  7th graders are fantastic for the self-esteem.  They think you're great no matter what.

And here's a funny test response.  What kind of patients do pediatricians work on?  Dead ones.  Okaaaay.....

And you know you teach in Utah when this is printed on the backside of a student's poster project....FHE, anyone?
So yes, I do feel so tired that I truly might die, but the good news is these kids are great and so funny and they keep me so busy that most of the time at work I forget how tired I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment