Monday, November 7, 2011

Cream Puffs

Remember how I said in my last post that I like to watch my shows?  Modern Family is at the top of that list.  Sorry to those who find it offensive; I think it's hilarious.  In the very first episode there is a scene where the gay couple has just adopted a baby from Vietnam and is bringing her back home on the airplane.  I couldn't find a clip to embed so you'll have to just click on this link:


Ever had one of those moments?  You know the kind where you freak out because everyone is judging you and then you take  just another second to look around and you realize no one is judging you at all?  
I had one of those this week.
I am a rule follower.  I generally try to do what I'm "supposed" to do...according to whoever I give the reins to.  So here I am in this new phase of life, and my natural instinct is find a rule to follow.  Figure out what I'm "supposed" to do.  
Well apparently I'm not supposed to do anything in particular right now.  Turns out I don't have much pressure from anyone to go live a "normal" social life.  Guess what- people actually expect me to take time to heal!  It's ok with the people that surround me if I just do what I need to do right now to make me happy.  Huh.
Amazing how many of these and "these" are in this post.  Does that mean there is no "normal?" 

So it's okay if I want to stay home and bake if I want to?  And if I don't want to hit up the blind-dating scene that's ok too? And I don't have to go to the party that starts at 10:00? And I can still be "normal?" I'm telling you, sometimes these "ah hah" moments make me shake my head and say "really, Kels?  It took this long for you to get that point?" Well.  Yes.  Yes it did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment