Monday, September 12, 2011

The Day I Wore My Red Lipstick

Today I wore my red, red lips.  I'm glad I did, because it turned out to be a pivotal day for me.  
Today I breathed a little deeper than I've been able to in months.  How do you say this politically...eh....correctly? I'm single.  It's official.  I'm climbing aboard my Indiana Jeep, so to speak.  

How does it feel? Freeing.  No, not like a kid on Christmas morning.... it's different.  The only word I can think of is freedom.  Freedom. 

So here's the thing.  Today I felt like a girl wearing red lipstick.  Not the girl going through a divorce, not the girl stuck in limbo.  I'm not bound and labeled by that anymore.  It's just me.  On the one hand this is scary.  Lots of change. But on the other hand, this is good change! Exciting change! Scary change? Ok ok yes it is a little nerve racking.  But the point is now I just feel like Kelsey.  Just Kelsey- in a happy way.  

3 comments:

  1. The freedom of being who you really, truly are in your own eyes is awesome! Happy that you are happy. Bring it on FUTURE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kels -

    I don't know what to say without sound mushy - but I am so proud of how gracefully you have carried yourself through this. I think you are lovely and amazing.

    ReplyDelete