Friday, September 16, 2011

Drafting

Toni, correct me if I'm wrong.

There's this term in cycling called drafting.  From what I understand, if you ride close behind another person, they sort of block the wind for you so you don't have as much resistance.  Oh, I don't sound like I know what I'm talking about?  Ok well maybe I don't.  But I think I have the general concept.  Basically you ride close behind someone and they kind of clear a path in the wind and you get the benefit.  Catch my drift?



Now, picture a middle school hallway right before the bell rings. Picturing something like this?

Okay, now you already know I often get confused for students at school.  I'm smaller than most of them.  If I'm in the halls I always make sure to wear my keys so the hall monitors don't tell me to GET TO CLASS! Yes, people have come into my room and said "where is your teacher?" As i'm right in the middle of a lesson.  Hello! So sometimes it feels like I'm this big, and all the kids are this big.  Yes, I get squished. So, I'm learning how to draft in the hallways.  Pick someone bigger than you, stay right behind them, and follow their path.  Do I look silly? Eh, probably.  But you gotta do what you gotta do, friends.

What? No, I'm not blogging on my prep period...............

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! And you're welcome for clearing a path for you. The kids fear me, so they get out of my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome Kelsey! Drafting is the best thing ever and yes, that's exactly what it is. It's time for you to get a bike... I think.

    ReplyDelete