There is one recipe that I think I can say I have mastered. I know it WAY better than I know the back of my hand. Last year I did a demo of this recipe for my 8th graders, then I had them make the recipe, and then we took on the task of having a cookie business and selling to the school.
Hunger Games had just come out when the students made their cookies. SO, I made each kitchen into a "district," and demanded one tribute cookie from each kitchen. Then I chose the best and most perfect cookie and that district was rewarded handsomely with kool-aid. (amazing what an 8th grader will do for a glass of kool-aid)
So then we started our cookie business. I'm a little proud of what my kids came up with! We have to cover some free enterprise stuff in our class so to meet those requirements they had to come up with a business plan- a price, a slogan, a marketing scheme. Then they pitched their plans to their colleagues, and we chose one group to lead our businesses. We have some big entrepreneurs in our midst.
Long story short we sold WAY more cookies than we anticipated and ended up selling over 1,000 cookies in one day. It was a long day.
And aren't those boys cute! They took their product VERY seriously. That picture right there is the reason I love teaching. If I can give those kids something to look forward to every day and sneak a little bit of seriously applicable knowledge into the mix, I'm happy.


This ia great! I'm sure they love you and their cookies.
ReplyDelete