Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Like a proud parent.

Sometimes my students make me feel like I'm talking to a brick wall when I teach.  (See here.)

But other times they amaze me.  I know all of you have videos of your babies' first steps, or first words, or first whatevers to post, but I have none of that.  So all I've got is my proud moment of teaching for the day.
So in foods we're working on a Free Enterprise unit.  I've really tried to focus on getting the kids to take ownership in their ideas, hoping that if they felt like the idea was really theirs, they'd be motivated to work harder on it.  I have been AMAZED by the ideas the kids have come up with!  We're selling our fresh chocolate chip cookies at lunch this week and one boy decided he was going to advertise by making a video and having the teachers show it on their class TVs after announcements. 

I know you don't care, but I think it's the greatest thing in the world.  And look at his measuring techniques! Perfect.  See?  They actually are listening!

5 comments:

  1. yes, the video is now working. And I am very impressed it was you. I thought it was a random hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't me! It's my 8th grade student's! he did it all by himself. Even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time I made a PowerPoint presentation for a school project and it was really nifty.

    Can't believe what these kids can do now!
    Love ya, cuz,
    -brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is really great! Talented kids you have. :) And now I want a cookie.......

    ReplyDelete