I went to preschool at the program at Alta High.
I was a "mini hawk".
Then I grew up a little and became a falcon for a year or two.
Then I blossomed into a roadrunner.
For a few brief middle school years I was a warrior.
And then for a few more years I was a big girl hawk.
I spent the next 4 years as a semi-spirited cougar.
This year I've been proud to be a grizzly.
And next year?
Well my friends, I think we might have something like a big fat blessing on our hands.
It's looking like I'll get to choose if I want to be a hawk (and teach at Alta High) or a viking (at Crescent View Middle).
I know, right?!
Last month I thought I would never get a teaching job and today it's looking like I might even have my choice! I'm just super flattered and very grateful for the opportunities I'm getting right now. I'm leaning towards the middle school because I already know I love middle schoolers (it's not crazy. if you taught them you'd agree) and I already teach one of the same classes I would be teaching next year. But Alta would be so fun too! This is the text I got from Cassidy today: "you mean you don't wanna drive me to school and hang out during lunch and let me put crap in your room and be friends with my friends and have people confuse us and teach classes you've never taught??? C'mon it'd be fun!"
Ok, you're right. I better go with Crescent View.
Plus I've already got the hair to pull off some sweet Viking braids....
ps. technically i'm jumping the gun because neither school can officially "offer" yet but the district lady called and said they're both "extremely interested" and will be able to offer in the next day or two. figure that's good enough right?
I am doing the happy dance for you! Good things always come to good people. I am so proud of you...you deserve it!
ReplyDeleteOH MY HECK!!!!! That is super awesome news!!! Can't wait to hear the 'official' word. :)
ReplyDeleteCome now sister. It would be fun to go to school together! :) I'm so proud of ya!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! We will be right next door to each other. I teach at Crescent Elementary! We can carpool (it is such a long drive...7 mins!) Can't wait to hear it is official!
ReplyDeleteThis post makes you sound so excited about the fact that you have two choices. :) If only you could be a grizzly forever...
ReplyDeleteHow awesome is that!?! I went to both of those schools :) So exciting!
ReplyDeleteI am still stuck on the fact that you were a semi-spirited cougar. . . What will dad say?
ReplyDeleteWoop Woop!!
ReplyDeleteAnd, as and fyi, I don't think there is such a thing as a semi-spirited Cougar. Can't happen.