Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Honesty.


So, you all know I found out I don't get to keep my job next year.  Budgets.

Today they filled my position.  Sad.

Some honest confessions:
  1. I've known from the very beginning that the chances of me staying next year were slim.  But I'm still SAD about it!  Really really was hoping things would work in my favor.
  2. The part that's hard is that I'm good at what I do.  I'm a pretty good fit for my school and they like me.  Why does the budget have to ruin it all?  WHY?
  3. I'm trying so hard to stay true to my blog title and take this as an opportunity to go out and live, instead of letting myself be sad about it.  Trying.
  4. So far I've toyed with the thought of "what's next?" and my first reaction is to move away somewhere fun and have an adventure.  I don't know how to swing that, and I don't know if I'm too scared to do that.  But Washington D.C. has been calling my name a little bit.  (also Arizona, Hawaii, California, Virginia, Maryland.....anywhere???)
  5. I hate avoiding the "next year" questions with my students.  They keep telling me they're so excited to take my class next year.  Breaks my heart a little bit.
  6. I just don't know what to do.  I don't know how to go about making this call.  I know I have a lot of options, I just don't know how to find them.  

2 comments:

  1. DC is such a fun place. A little far away, but SO much to do. If you end up going that way, let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Texas? Far away, but at least you have some family down here! They pay their teachers really well (Brian makes 50,000 as a first year teacher). Even substitute teachers get 80 dollars a day and the Houston area is big enough that you could work everyday as a sub easily. The church is also strong in this area...:O) But not nearly as beautiful as any of the other states you listed I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete