Sunday, September 30, 2012

Still here

Sorry for the hiatus.

Life has been busy lately.  My new job is a doozy.  doozie.  How do you spell that?  Anyway, i've had my hands full.  I teach four different classes and spend a LOT of time prepping for lessons.  Oh yeah, and then there was that one day this week where I woke up to my school secretary calling to see if I was coming in that day.  School had started 6 minutes prior to the call.  Oops.  Note to self: quit trying to say bedtime prayers while laying down.  You fall asleep every. time.

I have been thinking about what I want to write about lately.  But since I'm trying really hard to make this a reality-based, yet mainly positive blog, I've ended up with a if-you-can't-say-anything-nice-don't-say-anything-at-all pattern.  I'm not being a pessimist.  I just don't want to be fake and flowery.

But I do have some thoughts swimming around in my head.  And when I can make them come together into something more than that I'll let you know.  Promise.

.....


But hey, this one time I ran a half marathon.

And I meant to blog about it but I never did.

It went on my bucket list last year so it was kind of a big deal for me to accomplish it.

A: The real accomplishment for me was not necessarily that I finished, but that I never stopped for a walking break.  I ran the whole way through, baby.

B: I finished thirteen point one miles in 2:09.

C: I ran the Bryce Canyon Half and it was beautiful.  And having my family there made it a hundred times better.  My dad even ran a portion of the race with me. 







D: Running is interesting.  I hate it.  And yet.  Here we are…

E: I am not ashamed to share some of my favorites from my running playlist.  Here you go....

-Crazy Train
-Rock and Roll All Night
-Blur Song 2 (the woo hoo song from football games)
-Hawaii Five-O theme song
-Rhianna and Beyonce made it on the list a few times
-Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy
-Jerk It Out

Also, I when I start getting tired I have to sing along to the music to keep me going.  Dear runners who were around me:  terribly sorry if I offended you during my rendition of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk at
mile 9. Some things are necessary.


3 comments:

  1. I think you should add to your playlist "no you're not hardcore, unless you live hardcore" from school of rock.

    so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I miss you so much! Can we please hang out really soon? Do you know what I learned from this blog post? That the woo hoo song has a title. Who knew?! And I sing out loud all the time! Especially when I get tired. I have no shame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent suggestion, Desi. Then I can sing it like Jack Black as I run.

    Shannon.....yes, we certainly need to hang out. Very soon.

    ReplyDelete