Ok so we started this new challenge yesterday. We made up a point system (one point for getting all your fruits and veggies, drinking enough water, taking your vitamins, exercise, scriptures and prayer, etc etc.) and we all committed. We don't really know what the prize is yet but we do know it has something to do with money so we're all in. Just wanted to share a few glimpses from our first day of healthiness.....
Collette is serious about this challenge. She literally ran around the kitchen floor of our house for 30 minutes to get her exercise point, stopping only to chug water.
At dinner time we were all laughing because everyone was shoving fruits and veggies down their throats to get their points. We had the Costco box of spinach in the middle of the table and we just went for it.
This is Collette's dinner plate. She chose to get all her veggies in one sitting.
Her thoughts on the matter: "I feel like a dinosaur eating my plate of leaves."
Courtney: "I give up on the veggie thing. I just found out that the one baby carrot I just choked down is only 1/14th of a serving."
Dad: (after dinner) "What's for dinner" (after searching through the pantry) "That's it, I'm going to taco bell."
EVERY person that came home yesterday went straight to the bathroom and made some kind of comment on the volume of water they'd been drinking... Courtney said she looks 6 months pregnant because of all the water in there...
All this happened within probably an hour, and every time another funny happened, Mom would laugh even harder. And laughing hard isn't the easiest thing to do when you're full of water. Thanks for holding it together, Mom.
You seriously just stole my whole post. I'm about ready for this competition to be over!
ReplyDeleteI love when Monica laughs.
ReplyDeleteKelsey I'm so glad that I found your blog! It is darling! Thank you for posting such real, though-provoking things. Plus, Brian is a middle-school teacher too so it is fun to read about your experiences.
ReplyDelete